Sunday, April 19, 2015

Toddler Series : Aiden's Playroom



When we lived in the apartment, Aiden had a section in the living room with his toys and area to play.  It was a tiny one bedroom apartment, so all his toys seemed to be scattered throughout the house. And when I cleaned them, he would act out because he can't seem to cope without his toys being scattered everywhere. We had one simple rule. No toys in the bedroom. This caused him to fall asleep better. He understood that the bedroom was for sleep only. Now that we moved into a new place, which is also a one bedroom, I decided to give him his own bedroom to play in. This means that our bedroom is in the living room, which is fine by me since we rarely have visitors aside from Hubby's family who live next door.


I have ordered a few things to decorate his play room with. Not all items have arrived yet, but his playroom has been coming along nicely. When I mean nicely, I mean it is still a mess, but there is some order to it. We did put his crib in there since Aiden has been sleeping in my bed (this is a whole different issue) to get him comfortable with at least sitting on it by himself. While we do not have a dining table anymore due to the size of our new place, Aiden has his own small table where he sits and eats. I have decorated his "bed" area with some wall decals I got from Amazon. I decorated his toy storage area with some Bobee wall decals. A few months ago I posted about their Elephant wall decals that we got, and now I got the Dot decals in two different colors.


I was worried that two packages of dots weren't going to be enough to cover this specific area, but I was actually just right! I used my third package to decorate his "calm down" area. I use this area when he is having a meltdown, tantrum, or is over stimulated. In his Calm Down area, we cuddle, talk, or read a book. I made his "calm down" area in a weird place of the house. In between Aiden's playroom and the bathroom there is an awkward hallway and had no clue what to put there. It turned out great because it is a dark area separated from the rest of the house. Sometimes when I get a migraine I go to his Calm Down area as well. It really helps! I simply placed our old couch cushions and wrapped it in a blanket. Further down the line I plan to buy some fabric and cover the whole thing together.


I really like the Bobee wall decals. They stick to the wall really easily and are relatively easy to apply. Its like putting a sticker on the wall. I picked out two Baby Blue and one Mint colored Polka Dot decals. I prefer wall decals to painting. It is a great way to bring some POP to a room without paying a fortune. You also don't have to paint after you move either. ;)

About The Bobee Polka Dot Wall Decal




Removable and repositionable stickers
32 polka dots in one color per package - Mint Green stickers
11 Colors to choose from
Five different sizes vary in width from 1.25" to 3"
Safe for walls, leaves no sticky residue
Proudly MADE in USA

I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions stated are my own. Prices stated are correct as of post dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...