Monday, April 6, 2015

My Plant Based Diet Update




I have been on a plant based diet for almost 2 weeks! In that time I expected to gain weight from detoxing, but I actually lost 5 pounds within the first week. My diet has consisted of mostly bananas and mangoes throughout the day. At night I have been eating rice with tomatoes and avocados, pasta with carrots, mushrooms, and spinach, and baked french fries with salad. This diet is basic and clean, but it does present some problems. Our main problem is having to go to the store a couple times a week instead of once a week. Kicking cheese has been easier than it was last year, but I have been craving Chick Fil A chicken nuggets since I tried them for the first time before I went back on my diet. When I am not on a plant based diet, I still like to restrict the amount of meat products I consume. I would usually eat chicken once a week or so.


I have been enjoying my fruit bowls in the morning. After filling them up with fruit, I pour in some cold pressed juices about a third of the way. This is for me to get in some extra calories quickly since it takes me a while to get energy to start my day. I also don't eat as much fruit as I am supposed to because my stomach gets full quickly from years of dieting. So adding some cold pressed juices helps me get extra vitamins and calories I need.


I have also gotten a new scale! I have had 3 new ones within the past year, but they all still work perfectly fine. I have not gotten a favorite yet, but they all have their upsides. My new scale is a smart scale! It is called Weight Gurus Digital Body Fat Scale. The best part is that I can keep track of my weight on my smart phone through their app. The bad part about this is that I have to scan the scale to sync with the app instead of it being automatically added. The scales that do that start around $100, so I think it is a decent trade off. The screen is easy to read LCD screen and you can see how much you have lost instead of your actual weight. One thing this scale has that my others don't is that it measures lean mass, body fat, water weight, and bone mass. For a scale that costs $39.99, it brings a lot of features compared to my other ones. It also looks pretty nice in my new bathroom! The only downside is that it takes about 30 seconds to measure everything.







About the Weight Gurus Digital Body Fat Scale



Accurate Measurements: Four high quality strain gauge sensors and high precision electronics ensure trustworthy measurements every time.

Easy-to-Read Display: An extra-large LCD (4.4") with large numbers (1.75") and a bright blue backlight make this an easy to read screen in any lighting condition

Health Metric Analysis: Measure weight plus 4 health indicators: lean mass, body fat, water weight, and bone mass.

Optional Smart Phone Tracking: Sync measurements to our free Weight Gurus App using your smartphone's camera. Syncing is fast and easy. Chart measurements, track trends, and make progress! *for iOS and Android devices.

Optional Weightless Weighing: If you don't like weighing, try our Weightless feature. Weightless shows total weight change instead of the number!

Greater Service
100% Satisfaction Guarantee. 5 Yr Warranty. A+ Customer Service.

Greater Conscience
Greater Goods is proud to support the following organization: Love146, The Global Orphan Project, and Now Adopt.



I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own. Prices stated are correct as of posted date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...