Friday, April 10, 2015

Our Toddler Easter


One of my favorite memories as a kid was all the Easter mornings waking up and searching for nests full of chocolate eggs. My dear Grandmother would make it such a fun and memorable experience. I still have pictures of when I was little searching for them. It is one of my favorite Holidays! Last year we were in a difficult spot after moving into our first apartment together and weren't able to make do much. So this Easter I decided to go all out and bring some of that joy to my son.


I decided to start Easter the day before. I hid a an egg in his snack tray in the fridge, so when he asked for his daily string cheese snack, he would open the tray and find the egg. He loved it! I also hid another egg in his playroom, and one under his blanket for him to find before his nap. I decided to do this because I doubted that he would have remembered his Easter last year since he was only 1 year old. After he went to sleep on Saturday, I quickly cleaned up his room and scattered some eggs. I also hid some in the trucks he plays with a lot, and some in his shoes. I also bought some bunny foot prints to place on the floor to help guide him in finding the eggs that were "hidden" in plain sight. I bought one basket with cars and a few treats at the store, and I made a separate basket with some bubbles, a chocolate bunny, and a personalized book from KD Novelties.


The morning off, as we finished watching an episode of Blue's Clues in bed, I told him that the Easter bunny came to visit. Of course, he didn't really understand what I was talking about, so I told him that we should go play in his playroom. As we came around the corner he saw the bunny prints on the floor and he looked so confused and intrigued at the same time! I loved how he was trying to figure out what was going on. I asked him to pick up the eggs that were on the floor by the door and to place them in the basket. As he picked them up I opened the door to his room and he ran in picking up all the eggs he could find! Aiden was convinced that it was Blue from Blue's Clues that left the prints and there was no convincing him otherwise! Haha


He loved playing with the bubbles! I added a little dish detergent before placing them in the basket to give it a little extra potency. The bubbles disappeared throughout the day while the chocolate bunny disappeared within minutes. We don't really eat chocolate and treats like this on a regular basis but I let him have them on special occasions. He loved the personalized book from KD Novelties. I chose the Mother Goose story book. Not only is the book dedicated to him, but so are the stories. He goes through the story with Mommy and Daddy!


About Mother Goose from KD Novelties 

Your child goes on an adventure to help Mother Goose find her way home. On their journey they take part in nursery rhymes and meet Humpty Dumpty, the Cat and the Fiddle, Little Miss Muffet and many more favorite characters in this classic tale.
© Best

Hard cover 6 x 9 personalized children's book with 24 pages full of colorful illustrations.
Find Mother Goose and other personalized books for kids on KD Novelties on their website.


After all the chocolate hunting, chocolate eating, and book reading, we spent some much needed family time and finished off with some Chilean food! It was a great holiday that our family needed. I got some great ideas for next year and some future holidays as well! How did your family spend Easter?


I received this book in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...