Friday, June 12, 2015

Banana Bombs!



So I was scrolling through Pinterest again looking for vegetarian recipes for the week. I found this easy recipe from Flickr. I changed it up a bit to fit our taste buds, but it is super easy and pretty quick to prepare. It can get messy, but I think that is the fun in it! I let my son lick up the spoon afterwards of course.  After a few hours in the fridge, you have some deliciousness waiting for you to bite into! Trust me, you will love this. You can even make it vegan if you have vegan chocolate chips.

Banana Bombs


Ingredients 
3 Bananas
1/2 Cup chocolate chips
1/2 Cups peanut butter
Coconut Flakes and/or Hemp Seeds for Garnish


Directions
1. Measure out the chocolate chips and place into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Measure out peanut butter into the same bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
3. Cut up the bananas into 6-7 pieces and stir the chocolate mixture.
4. Dip each banana into the mixture and set on parchment paper or a silicone mat.
5.Top off all the bananas with remaining chocolate and sprinkle with the hemp seeds and coconut flakes. Place in the fridge for a few hours. 
6. Ready to eat!

Tip: Store in the freezer in a closed Tupperware, if there are any left ;)


It is that simple! They look gorgeous and the banana feels like real ice cream once its frozen.   I mean, just look at the middle!



Remember to leave some love and comment below! And remember... DO try this at home <3

Follow me on Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...