Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Crafting #Fail And A Few Wins


You look on Pinterest and see all these cute ideas on how to decorate your home and organize every aspect of your life. You might try a few and get great results, I sure have. Yet sometimes, you might try those amazing looking cupcakes only to fail miserably. They probably still taste good but are not Instagram friendly. I've had a few of those lately as well. Just because I am a blogger, it does not exclude me from human failure. My home still get's disorganized and is not picture friendly at all times. While meal planning, I always look on Pinterest for some budget friendly vegetarian recipes to try out. I have found a few favorites and some dishes I will never make again. One neat idea I found was mason jar salads. While I have not ventured into the mason jar world, I loved the idea. I bought a few containers from the dollar store, adorned them with some chalk labels, filled them with an amazing salad for me to eat for the next three days. Simple enough right? It was a complete fail! I'll go into more detail as to how I failed miserably at something that seemed so straightforward.


I found this pin that shows a few different mason jar salads. After getting a rough idea of how it works and getting different salad ideas, I headed to the dollar store and bought three salad containers and a separate round container for the Hubby to take to work. When I got home, I placed some Chalkboard Labels on each one and dated each one for the next three days. I then began making my chickpea salad and dividing it between the three containers. Then I placed the rice, beans, lettuce, ext topping it off till one inch below the rim. I did this so when I shake the dressing around the inside, it leaves enough wiggle room for everything to move. Then when I went to place the cap on top.... they wouldn't close. They wouldn't "clip" on or anything. Why make containers with caps if the caps won't close?? That just doesn't make any sense to me! So we had to eat all three salads that day since I had no way of closing the damn things.


So that was my big fail within the past few weeks. I did do a few good things with the labels though. The first thing I did was label my plants in the kitchen. That was one of the first things I wanted to do. Just look at how big these things have gotten! I need to transplant that tomato plant outside because it is too large to keep inside. The basil is growing fantastically, and the Jalapeno has started growing fruit already. I decided to start growing more jalapenos and some strawberries as well.


Another project I did with the chalkboard labels was use them on these containers. We had these containers on the counter, but they take so much space, so we bought a shelf to put them on. Much better. But I couldn't see which was which since I am short, so the labels are really helpful when I am busy in the kitchen.





About the Kitchen Supreme Chalkboard Labels & Chalk Markers

Cost: $18.74 on Amazon (Bundle)
  • GREAT VALUE for the Complete Bundle: 10 Liquid Chalk Markers with reversible tip (chisel for fine detail art work and bullet for free writing and coloring) filled with Natural and Professional Ink + 8 unique Chalkboard Labels (made from strong vinyl and endsley removable with no mess behind) + 2 Extra Fine Tip for the Pens (6 mm) + a Complete Digital Guide


  • SUPERIOR QUALITY, NOTHING LESS: The ultra fine broad tip is made from Durable Fiber. NATURAL & CONCENTRATED INK that enables smudge and fills the lines with CHARMING and RICH COLORES. FAST DRY writing. The Liquid Chalk Marker Pens are EASY and FUN to USE. No more worry about cleanup. When the fun's over just wipe off the chalk markers paint to start again! WATER BASE - WIPES Off Easily. DUST FREE: Regular Chalk is not ideal for kids because of the dust and stain markings.


  • WIDE RANGE OF USES: It allows Kids to develop their creativity and skills. Attract more customers with eye catching Bistro & Menu Boards. Ideal for arhitects and artists that look for Professional Liquid Chalk Marker with a Fine Tip. Do you own a Business? Use these Set of Thin Chalk Markers for trainings and for drawing daily goals. A real help for home crafts, teachers & student projects. With these Neon Ink Pens you will transform all Events and Birthdays in delightful moments.


  • SMOOTH and VIBRANT Writing on Non-Porous surfaces like: Ceramic, Varnished Wood, Glass, Plastic, Whiteboards, Window Drawings, Vinyl Chalkboard Labels & Contact Paper, Stainless Steel, Mugs, Books, Non-porous Blackboard and Chalkboard and more. ALL CHALK MARKERS WILL BE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE IF USED ON POROUS SURFACES, INCLUDING MOST CHALK PAINT. You should ALWAYS test the Liquid Chalk Markers Pens in a small area first to make sure it will wipe off.


  • PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: Choosing the Kitchen Supreme Liquid Chalk Markers means protection for your investment ! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We have thousands of happy customers and a 4.9 from 5 Seller Feedback Rating (over 1.500 ratings) ! Our customers say that we have World Class Customer Service (check the seller feedback) ! Because WE CARE and we want you to be happy, if something ever happens with your Wet Erase Chalk Pens, WE WILL CHANGE THEM immediately without any costs from your side.



  • Now from my experience with the chalkboard labels, they are pretty good. They aren't too thin or too thick. The four different designs are pretty versatile for what look you are looking for. The markers are pretty cool too. I have never used chalk markers before, so take that into a count when I say this. The best colors were the white, yellow, blue, red, and green. The other orange,pink, and black colors did not work that great on the black labels. The tips are also reversible, so if you are artistic, you can make some pretty cool designs with them.

    **Remember to leave some love! Comment below and tell me how you would use these labels and markers! Any projects in mind? Have you ever failed a Pin?**


    Follow me on Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram

    I received this product in return for an honest review. All opinions stated are my own and cannot be purchased. All costs are correct as of posted date and time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...