Sunday, February 15, 2015

AYL LED Ultrabright Lantern

I have another survival post today. This time is for your home. As you may know, I live in Florida, or home of Hurricanes. I have been without power many times to know what is essential to stock up on. Luckily, I've never been hit too bad from all the hurricanes that have come through, but there was this one time where we did not have power for about two weeks. I was only a pre-teen at the time, but I remember what we needed and what we didnt.

Some things are common sense, like water and canned goods. Other things don't come to mind so easily. For example, we had a gas stove; therefore, even thought we had no power, we were still able to cook.  If you're stove is electric, you might want to think of a back up. A charcoal or propane grill can work, just have charcoal and propane stocked up as well. Keeping warm is not much of an issue here, so we don't need to worry about that, but we have to find ways of keeping cool instead. We have kept water bottles fully frozen in the fridge that stay frozen for days even without any power. So when a hurricane is coming, we place a few water bottles in the feezer, and they stay there until the end of Hurricane season unless we need them. Toilet paper. Do I need to go further on that one?? Stock up! Another thing some people seem to forget is medicine. Make sure you have enough medicine to last you a while as you don't want to run out of your prescriptions. If any need any of them to be kept cool, use a cooler filled with ice or frozen water bottles. Candles seem to be high on the list, which is great for the bathroom instead of having your flashlight light bouncing off the mirror. But candles don't seem to be a favorite for me for the rest of the house. They're great in essence, but they can make the whole house hotter than it needs to be. That is why I like to have some LED lanterns on hand. The AYL Starlight Lantern has great qualities that make it a must have to have in my home.


What are the amazing features of the AYL Starlight lantern?

- It uses LED bulbs with an output of over 300 lumens, guaranteeing you crystal clarity and over 100,000 hours of use
- Has 3 lighting modes; these are low, high and flashing strobe. Depending on your needs, you can switch to any of the modes seamlessly by simply cycling the switch button
- It comes with a removable convex reflector cap that provides 360 lighting and that can also be removed to allow for more focused lighting
- Has a hook at the bottom that makes it easy to set it up virtually anywhere
- It also features a watertight body that is complemented with plastic molding and rubber for maximum water resistance

Check out the AYL Ultrabright Lantern on Amazon.


The plastic molding make it bump resistance, which is great for wear and tear. It is easy to switch on and to pick what setting of light you want. The top is removable in case I want more light. There is also a hook at the bottom that makes it easy to hook to things. This is a great addition if I am cooking outside on a BBQ.  The only draw back I have received from this lantern is the bottom cover for the batteries. I found it very difficult to put back on, but since the batteries last a long time I don't have to worry about it again for a while.


I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...