Friday, February 20, 2015

Veggie Roll Up Bites

We eat so much salad in this house, so sometimes I get tired of eating the same salad. I'm not the kind of person that likes to add nuts or fruit into my lettuce bowl. I like my salad with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. There's usually a little variation as to whether I add the mix to shredded lettuce (I HATE chopped up lettuce), tomatoes, or cucumbers. Sometimes I'm in the mood for all three! So I add them all to the bowl and have fun. But then again, that gets boring too. This time I decided to make some Veggie Roll Up Bites. I made some vegetarian of course, and for some I added cold cuts for the Hubby. I also decided to add my homemade sprouts to it since they look like they finished growing!


Veggie Roll Up Bites


Ingredients
1 cucumber
1/2 carrot
2 Tablespoons Sprouts
Publix Mayo
Small bunch of Spinach

Instructions
1. First steps is to clean all the veggies. Then use a Julienne Peeler to peel and slice the cucumber and the carrot. Cut up the spinach and set aside. Have the sprouts nearby as well.
2. After prepping, start making long, thin slices of cucumber. This will be use to roll up everything in. 


3. Take a long cucumber slice, and add a light layer of Mayo. This will help all the veggies stick to the cucumber. Add the julienned peeled carrots and cucumber horizontally and some vertically. Then add the lettuce 1/3 of the way into the cucumber. Add the spinach and sprouts after the lettuce, so about halfway into the cucumber. Take a look at the picture below for a guidance.


4. Carefully roll up the cucumber, while helping everything stay inside. Place it on a plate. Repeat with all the cucumber slices until all the prep food is gone.


Optional:
Add a drizzle of salad dressing on top of finished rolls.
Add thin deli slices for those who are not vegetarian.

Tips:
I found that holding the cucumber slice in my hand while applying all the other veggies was easier than doing it on the counter top.
Add some avocado slices instead of dressing!




I used the Nikkouware Julienne & Vegetable Peeler for this recipe. It is double sided, so one side makes Juliennne style cuts while it has a peeler for the other side. I used the peeler side for the cucumber rolls and the Julienne side for the carrot and cucumber inserts. It cost less than $10 and works better than the sparilizers that I own. It is a little heavy, but that makes it sturdy to use compared to the plastic peelers. There are a ton of different things you cane make with it. You can use it to cut up mango, apples, or pears or stick to veggies and make an elegant salad.


I received this product in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...