Friday, May 1, 2015

Green Mint Monster


I'm always for trying new things. I take special advantage of this when I go on cruises. I try to explore my palate as much as possible these days, specially with natural foods. I tried Matcha for the first time a few months ago, and I was not a fan. I tried a few different recipes with drinks and in baked goods but I was not impressed. I decided to give a try again, but this time with the right equipment. And when I mean equipment, Matcha has its own kitchen products! I wasn't aware of that the first time I tried Matcha.


I was first fascinated with Matcha due to the health benefits it has. It has the nutrition of 10 cups of green tea in one cup! It also lowers cholesterol and blood sugar, detoxifies naturally, boost metabolism, and burns calories. And these are just some of the benefits of Matcha Green Tea. I received the Matcha Tea Gift Set by Matcha DNA. It includes a handmade matcha bowl, whisk, whisk holder, and bamboo spoon, Handmade items hold special value to me, so I loved that little touch! It also came with one ounce of Matcha to get started! Unfortunately, when I received my gift set, my whisk holder arrived damaged even though it was carefully packaged. I contacted the company immediately, and they sent me a replacement set. Don't you love great customer service? I know I do. Now that I think about it, this would be a great Mother's Day gift set! I decided to experiment with my Matcha again, hoping for great luck this time. And guess what! It tasted great! Before I give you my new recipe, let me tell you the basics of the gift set.


About the Matcha Tea Gift Set by Matcha DNA


  • COMPLETE MATCHA TEA GIFT SET BOX: This beautiful Matcha gift set contains everything you need for to make a traditional cup of Matcha green tea.

  • 100% USDA ORGANIC MATCHA GREEN TEA. Includes 1 oz of USDA Organic Matcha Green tea Powder

  • HANDMADE MATCHA TEA BOWL & CERAMIC MATCHA WHISK HOLDER. The handmade matcha tea bowl is just the right size for traditional Matcha tea preparation

  • HANDMADE BAMBOO WHISK & BAMBOO SPOON - The bamboo Matcha tea whisk is handmade with sustanablly grown bamboo. The whisk holder holds the whisk during tea preparation and drying and helps keep its shape

  • PERFECT GIFT ITEM. This Matcha Tea Gift Set is the perfect gift for family, friends & loved ones.




  • Now, my recipe may not be traditional, but it taste great! I added a new product I will writing about soon. This tea has a hint of mint and chocolate, and topped with foam. I won't hold back any longer. Here is the recipe!

    Green Mint Monster



    Ingredients
    16-18 ounces of Almond milk, separated
    1 teaspoon of Matcha DNA (bamboo spoon)

    Instructions
    1. Heat all of the almond milk in a separate container. In the meantime, set up your area to prepare the Matcha.
    2. Pour about 5 ounces of the milk into the Matcha bowl. Add one bamboo filled spoon of matcha into the bowl and whisk for about a minute, or until fully dissolved. Add about 5 more ounces of the milk into the bowl along with the Cocoa Mint NuStevia and whisk quickly. Pour into a glass.
    3. Froth the remaining milk in the separate container, and slowly add it to the glass. Top with Matcha powder.


    That's how easy this was, and so healthy too! You may be worried about the Cocoa mint syrup, but it actually is vegan, gluten free, and has ZERO calories!

    I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions stated are my own. All prices stated are correct as of posted date and time. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...