Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Packing Snacks With Francois et Mimi Bento Box


*** Please leave some love by commenting below! ***


a Stay at home mom brings a lot of challenges. We are always on the go with appointments, meet ups, and play dates. Add in running errands, and yo u spend most of your day running from one place to another. This always leaves us hungry and thinking about getting some fast food in between a playdate and shopping for groceries.  A long time ago, I decided to take a packed lunch with us where we can snack on the go. This kept us from ordering unnecessary fast food that I didn't want to feed our family. I had a little insulated lunch box and I would place an ice pack in, an extra juice box for Aiden, and a few snacks. It didn't fit much, so after if our trip out that day wasn't short we would be starving when we got home! I needed a different solution but I did not like the price of the items I was looking at. Francois et Mimi sent me their Multi-Compartment Bento Box, so I have been trying that for a few weeks. This is the first product from Francois et Mimi that I haven't completely loved. I just have a couple problems with it, but it does fit our lifestyle much easier than what we had. Before I get into the pro's and con's, let me give you more information about it.

Mother's Day at Panera Bread Meet Up

About Francois et Mimi Multi-Compartment Bento Box



  • Microwave, dishwasher, & freezer safe (Do not place lids in dishwasher or microwave)


  • Custom insulated lunch bag is designed to keep food warm or cold. Bag is stain and odor resistant


  • BPA-free & FDA approved - All food grade materials


  • Includes built-in plastic silverware - fork, knife and spoon. Product Measures 7.5"x7.5"x4.5"


  • Container nests inside the bottom one for compact & easy storage

  • It is currently unavailable on Amazon, but they restock often so keep checking!

    Now, I will start with my con's because they aren't that bad. Ok, I only have one negative point to make, and that is that the compartments don't lock with each other. They stack great, but they do not lock with each other. Now why is this important? It is not really, but it becomes annoying when you take each compartment out and the utensils fall out because the cap does not lock. But aside from it being bothersome, there is not other negative for me. 

    Lemon Broccoli Cookies? A hit!

    There are three different compartments. Which is great for my family because I can store snacks for Aiden, Hubby, and I when we all go out. If it is just Aiden and I at a meet up then i just take two with me, and place an extra juice box in the lunch box. Each compartment is big enough to store a variety of snacks. There are days we do not eat all of the snacks, and that is just fine. But I try to take as many healthy snacks as possible. There is always a food pouch, whether homemade or store bought. The one in the picture is store bought and organic. I hadn't seen them yet, so I wanted to give them a try! We have also fallen in love with a new bar, as you can see in the picture. Native Bars are a gluten free, organic, vegan, and quinoa based! There are three different flavors and my favorite is the Apple Cinny Raisin! I will be posting more about those within the next few days, so you will want to keep an eye out for that! 

    Love Candy Co fruit Chews and a Native Bar? My kind of snack!

    To see more packed lunches and snack ideas coming up, follow my Facebook page The Eclectic Hippie Mama.

    Please leave some love and comment below! What is your favorite lunch to pack for a busy day or to take to work?


    I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions stated are my own.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...