Monday, March 2, 2015

Thyroid Brain


We all have left our keys (or remote) in the fridge at one point or another. Pregnancy brain made me walk into Publix one day and blank completely on what I had planned for dinner that night. Mommy Brain has made me completely forget to out on a diaper on my baby before putting on his pants! Yes. That actually happened once. ONCE. I can't go into detail of how much I have forgotten do some days. From forgetting to turn the crockpot on, to putting an oven mitt in the freezer, my mind goes all over the place. It's been scientifically proven that pregnancy brain (a real thing folks) stays with us far past the delivery room. Now tie that in with thyroid brain, and you might have seem to lost your mind!


Thyroid brain? It's something I didn't know existed until I joined a few Hypothyroid support groups on Facebook and connected with other people who have experienced the same things I do.  You see, when I would forget my words in the middle of a sentence when I was pregnant, people would blame the pregnancy brain, but I felt embarrassed to say that I have been doing that for a few years before I ever got pregnant. When you start forgetting simple words, such as "spoon", you know there is a deeper issue than just brain fog. As my hypothyroid went untreated for years, I started stuttering. This is something you will rarely hear about, and there is jot much information as to why it happens. I started stuttering in adulthood thanks to my thyroid. So sometimes, when I'm trying to tell a story, my words get jumbled up, or I simply blank on words because I can't remember what I'm trying to say. This is why I prefer texting to talking on the phone, but that is not to say that I don't blank on words as I am typing as well. This makes me feel self conscious because it makes me feel unintelligent when I know it isn't true. There is not much that a person can do for it aside from working out their brain and taking supplements. I have experimented with a few different supplements and I am currently taking Excelerol.


Excelerol is a brain boosting supplement that also enhances alertness. Many of the ingredients in Excelerol are commonly known, like Vitamin B12, Green Tea extract, Peppermint Oil, Black Tea, and White Tea extract. The peppermint oil is very profound. I could smell it as soon as I popped one out of the box, and I could taste it for a few minutes after taking it. I suggest to drink a lot of water with these pills! The recommended dose is to take 2 capsules up to 3 times daily. I don't take that much, as I only take it when I need it. For example, I take 2 doses on a day when I need to get a lot of work done.


Excelerol is priced for around $75 on Amazon, but you can get a monthly plan from their website for much cheaper! The box comes with 72 liquid filled Vegetarian capsules and inside small boxes with 6 capsules in each. I love this because I can share them with my mom who also has horrible brain fog, or carry them around in my purse.


I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...