Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Plant Based Diet


I announced on Facebook a few days ago how I am starting my "new diet." It is called Raw Till 4, or 801010. I first came across this lifestyle when I saw a Youtube video of the famous Banana Girl. While highly unconventional to today's way of eating, a lot of it made sense. Freelee the Banana Girl is dedicated to show everyone this raw vegan lifestyle. I was on this diet for most of last year and it greatly improved my energy levels and gut health. After a few months of going back to organic, but regular American Diet, I gained weight and now I am looking to go back to this lifestyle. Here is how it works.

Raw Till 4

Eat only raw fruit and vegetables for Breakfast and Lunch (or 4 pm)
For dinner, eat a high carb, low fat, vegan meal. This usually entails of:
Rice, Pasta, or Potatoes.
Low Salt
No calorie restrictions. If you are hungry... Eat... Grab the nearest spotty banana.
80 % of your daily calories should come from Carbs
10% should come from Fats
10 % should come from Proteins

A photo posted by valerie moreno (@hippie7love) on


While this may seem boring to be eating a mostly raw, I have fallen in love with food. Real food. I always HATED mangoes, but after switching to this diet, I couldn't get enough. My taste buds started surprising me, as I became craving fruits and veggies I never used to eat. Bananas, mangoes, potatoes, rice, and pasta became staples in our household. After a few weeks, we lost our cravings of fatty foods that we used to love. My skin cleared up quickly, and my energy levels were on a regular level almost every day.  Then our favorite farmer's market place closed down and the nearest one is about half an hour away. We slowly went back to adding cheese and meat products into our diet and the effects have been horrible. Now I'm choosing to get it back. It will be hard, but it will get done!


I have already started easing my way into it. I got these beautiful 20 oz soup mugs to put my chopped up fruit in to eat while I work, and to eat our rice in. I have been trying to use up and give away all the products in the house that will temp me. So for my first day, I started with an apple, bananas and grapefruit. For lunch i made 2 soup bowls of fruit to eat! In one bowl I fit an apple, a mango, 2 bananas, and a handful of strawberries. Amazing! 


Later on, for dinner I made rice and chili beans. Since I still have a few items that I need to use up before they go bad, I added a little shredded cheese on top. Cheese was the hardest thing to give up last year. I'm hoping it will be easier this time!


These soup mugs are by the same company that makes my favorite water bottles. Francois et Mimi makes great products, and I have loved all of their products. The soup mugs are vintage style and hold up to 20 ounces. Find these lovely soup mugs on Amazon

About Francois et Mimi Soup Mugs

 ~~Includes 4 Jumbo Mugs

•Lead-free product

•Dishwasher and Microwave Safe

•Made of Stoneware


I received these products in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...