Monday, March 2, 2015

Creating and Keeping Memories

I have been so busy the past few days being sick and moving from an apartment into a house. While packing all of our stuff, I always question if we should give this trinket of our past away or to keep for the future or as a tangible memory. I am a very sentimental person, but I don't like keeping things boxed up in the closet. I have boxes of pictures from my childhood and family pictures that no matter how many times are scanned onto the computer, I just can't bring myself to get rid of. I also have things from when I lived in Chile, that still smell like "home." I cannot get rid of these things. I've had them for years and they're the memories that I love to keep. Now, keeping baby items are a different story.


I have given some stuff away, like Aiden's playpen since he hated it, but other stuff I am not quite sure what to do with. Should I keep his clothes? I know there are at least a bag full that I WILL NOT give or sell. These I like to keep because they were my favorite outfits on him and, the ultimate question, "What if we have another kid?" I do not want to start with nothing again. But, when you live in small spaces, closet space is crucial.  We just moved into a one bedroom douplex, and I'd like to say that this is about 600 square feet. One closet. Yes. ONE. What do I even do with that? I don't want to throw precious memories away. I wish I filled out those baby memory books. I wish I had taken milestone pictures and made about collage of his "First" times or month by month marks. That way I wouldn't be worrying so much about keeping memories that I can barely remember because I had postpartum depression. Those 6 months were a complete blur in my head.
So when I do have a second kid, I will fill out that baby book. I will take those milestone pictures that look so cute on Pinterest that I know Aiden would never sit still for. I'm lucky if I can get one non blurry picture of this kid out of the 50 I took over the course of two minutes.  These cute stickers from iCustomLabel would make an amazing prop for those pictures I desperately wish I had taken.


Holiday Firsts Baby Month Stickers from iCustomLabel is a set of 12 onesie stickers in 4 inch sizes. Holidays included in this set are:

First Christmas
First Halloween
First Valentine's Day
First Thanksgiving
First Groundhog's Day
First New Years
First Birthday
First Fourth of July
First Mother's Day
First Father's Day
First St.Patrick's Day
First Easter


Check out this set at iCustomLabel.com


You can place these stickers right onto their onesies (I suggest white), or on a teddy bear sitting next to them. They're thick stickers, so they won't tear if your baby moves around a lot. These stickers are also water proof, which makes it great for kids with reflux! Another great idea is to post them on a board behind them with some special writing, such as "My Valentine" for Valentine's Day. This takes the stress out of trying to make those perfect Pinterest worthy pictures, that unless you are a photographer, you will never get. I'd love to do this with our next baby, but if we don't have another one anytime soon, I'll try to recreate those times with Aiden as a funny memento!



I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...