Wednesday, January 7, 2015

DIY: Homemade Tile Floor Cleaner



I rarely ever buy cleaning supplies, as store bought cleaners usually have too many chemicals. It is usually much cheaper to make it myself. That said, a good home made floor cleaner usually has a strong bleach or vinegar smell that ends up giving me headaches afterwards. If I add less vinegar or bleach, it just doesn't clean my tile floors very well. I have a toddler. I need a good floor cleaner! I have finally come up with a great floor cleaner that smells really nice too!



Tile Floor Cleaner:
1 Gallon Water
30 drops, (or about one dropper full) Lemon Essential Oil
1/2 cup bleach
1 cup distilled vinegar

Just mix all the ingredients before mopping your floors and you are ready to go!

This recipe is great because you will get a clean shiny floor.while the lemon oil helps counteract the smell of the vinegar and the bleach, it also acts as a disinfectant! This is great if you have small children that like to be all over the floor, like my son does!
Tip: If you need a heavy duty floor cleaner for those days when you need a good clean, add in 1/4 of a cup of baking soda. This will give you a good scrub for those toddler spills!



Uses of Lemon Essential Oils



I am, by far, not an essential oil expert. But I know a few basics when it comes to lemon essential oil by doing basic research before actually buying it.

  • FRESHNER – Has a natural, refreshing and upliftingscent that clears the mind and used for aromatherapy. Perfect for air freshener and freshening up clothes.
  • MULTI-BENEFIT INGREDIENT - Add drops of lemon oil in your water for aid with digestion, to boost weight-loss efforts, and to boost your mood and metabolism.
  • HEALTHY LIFESTYLE - Our premium lemon oil is naturally a detox, antiseptic and disinfectant. Our pure lemon oil has the ability to help clear the skin, treat stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, obesity, insomnia, skin disorders, hair conditions, stomach problems and tiredness. Used by Aromatherapists to treat anxiety. Good immune system booster, helps aid in digestion, and can help detoxify and purify the liver.
  • CLEANER – A naturally good cleanser of the body. Also a disinfectant, ideal for cleaning metal surfaces, dishes, and clothes. Perfect for polishing leather, jewellery and wood furniture. Perfect Non-toxic and natural cleaning alternative for household use.


There are many ways to use lemon oil and I am still learning. I've been using it to clean my floors, counters, and to freshen up the air in our home. For my kitchen counter, I add a 10 drops of lemon oil with 1 tsp of dish washing liquid to a spray bottle. Some people add a couple drops to their morning water for detoxification. Also, I have a few friends who make their own scrubs with it, as it helps with skin problems. Tip: If you use Lemon oil on your skin, avoid going out immediately afterwards since it is highly concentrated.

What I really like about this oil is how big the bottle is! Normally, essential oils come in small bottles but this one comes in 4 fl oz. Pure Body Naturals offers Therapeutic Grade Undiluted Essential Oils that are Cruelty Free. They even send you a dropper for your bottle!

Find Pure Body Naturals on Amazon.

Make sure to to PIN this post for reference.How would you use Lemon Essential Oils?





I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...