Monday, January 26, 2015

Essential Oils: His & Her's Peppermint & Lavander Foot Soak


Just like Lemon Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil has many uses. There are two ways i use Lemon Essential Oil the most. I use it to help relieve headaches, and to help reduce fevers. Ever since I was 11, I had migraines multiple times per week. Advil and Tylenol had never fully relieved my migraines. After using some peppermint oil in my Gurin Diffuser, I have rarely had headaches. Another great use for peppermint oil is to help with colds. A few weeks ago, I had the flu as i mentioned in another post. I added 2 drops of peppermint oil and a drop of lemon oil into my diffuser, and my flu was gone within a few days! For someone who has a weak immune system, this is a great improvement.  After my flu was gone, I stopped using the peppermint oil; a few days ago, hubby kept waking up with headaches three nights in a row. I turned on the diffuser with some peppermint oil the next day and he woke up with no headache!


After that, I fell in love with Peppermint oil. I decided to experiment a little with it. I came up with a foot soak that is much better than that Listerine Foot Soak that I kept seeing all over Facebook. This is the perfect foot soak for a Valentine's Day treat or gift! Gentlemen, if you want to spoil your lady, take notes!! Surprise her with a foot soak for the both of you, and then treat her to a foot rub! Trust me, your Valentine's night will be great!  ;)


His & Her's Peppermint & Lavander Foot Soak



2 cups Adovia Dead Sea Bath Salts
3 tsp Baking Soda
5 drops of Majestic Pure Peppermint Essential Oil
5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
1 tsp Fractioned Coconut Oil
Blue, green, red, and yellow food coloring


Instructions:
1. Mix everything together except for the food coloring. Make sure everything is well mixed to make sure the oils have spread among the whole mixture.
2. Divide the mixture into two, in separate bowls.
3. In one bowl, add 3 drops of red food coloring and one drop of yellow food coloring. In the other bowl, add 3 drops of blue food coloring, and one of green. Mix each bowl individually.
4. When you are ready, add about 1/3 of a cup to warm water enough to cover her feet. Allow the salt to dessolve before putting your feet in. After soaking for 20 minutes clean off feet with warm water.


Hubby and I used two containers large enough to fit our feet with warm water and the bath salt mixture. It's a great way to relax, unwind, and feel pampered! the peppermint oil will also help with the painful, achy, tired feet. Bath Salts are a great way to detoxify the body. Alternatively, you can add 1/2 a cup of the mixture into bath water to take a luxurious bath!


Other uses of peppermint essential oil:

Eliminates Dandruff
Improves Mental Clarity
Helps with Sore Muscles
Helps Digestion and Upset Stomach
Allergies
Helps Control Pests


Remember if you are using Peppermint oil topically, to use a carrier oil!

About Adovia Dead Sea Bath Salts

Dead Sea Bath Salts are similar to Epsom salt, but have a higher mineral count. This means you get more relief from joint pain, muscle, and Eczema. They are also smaller, and dissolves faster than Epsom salt. Adovia Dead Sea Bath Salts have no additives, which results in no colors or scent. This makes it easier to mix with essential oils to get the aroma you desire! The 1.75 pound resealable pouch last for many luxurious soaks!

How do you like to use Peppermint oil or Bath Salts?





If you liked this post, check out these posts:
Carrier Oils: Fractioned Coconut Oil
DIY : Homemade Tile Floor Cleaner (lemon essential oil)
Essential Oils: Diffusers


I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...