Sunday, January 25, 2015

Essential Oils: Diffuser Basics


Over my course of learning the uses of Essential Oils, I have seen many Oil Diffusers that cost a lot of money. There are so many advantages to aromatherapy that I haven't even discovered yet. Depending on what essential oil you use, you can improve mood, energy levels, and immune system while eliminating headaches and sinus inflammation.


I luckily received the Gurin Essential Oil Diffuser right before I got the flu. Normally, when I get sick, it last for around three weeks. This time, I used peppermint oil and lemon oil in my new diffuser, and my flu only last 5-7 days! When I felt stuffed up, I would go near the oil diffuser and breath in  once, and my nose would clear up quickly. I barely went through tissues like I normally do. Some other ways to use an oil diffuser for aromatherapy would be to help reduce anxiety and pain, and also to help sleep. Lavender oil is amazing for sleep, and the Gurin Diffuser comes with a little bottle of it!


TIPS From the Eclectic Hippie

  • Know the correct uses of the oils you are using. You don't want to use the wrong one.  Treat it like you would prescription medicine.
  • Carrier oils: some essential oils, like peppermint, need to be used with a carrier oil.
  • Be careful with topical care, specially with young children. Some oils are not recommended for children, pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
  • Use the right amount. More is not better in most cases. 
  • Be respectful of others around. Some people may not appreciate the smells of certain oils.
  • Use a good essential oil diffuser, like the Gurin Essential Oil Diffuser.


About the Gurin Essential Oil Diffuser

Gurin ultrasonic aromatherapy diffuser with 2.4 million ultrasonic vibrations per second is a aromatherapy diffuser system that also ionizes essential oil molecules into the air using a heat-free diffusion method, while enhancing an oil biological effects, ideal for improving the atmosphere of any home or work space.



I found this diffuser so easy to use. It comes with a measuring cup to measure out how much water you need. The device takes up to 100 milliliters of water, while adding 2-3 drops of essential oils. I thought that with this amount of water, that it would only last about half an hour, but it last a couple hours! When I fill it up and set the timer on the back to three hours, I still have a lot of water left over! And it shuts off by itself so I don't have to worry about it if I'm going to sleep. My favorite part about this diffuser is that it lights up. It has three different colors (blue, red, and green) and you can choose from bright or dim. This makes it perfect to personalize to what you need. When I need to relax, I use the dim feature (red is my favorite!). During the day, I use the bright setting. The Gurin Essential Oil Diffuser also comes with an Essential oil inside the box, so you can get started immediately!

Sometimes I leave on the diffuser with lemon oil for half an hour, and you can still smell the lemon hours later! I love the modern look of it with the floral design on the front.  Stay tuned for more post about essential oils!

What is your favorite way to use Essential Oils?

Check out the Gurin Essential Oil Diffuser on Amazon.


I received this Diffuser in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...