Sunday, January 18, 2015

Loaded Baked Potatoes with Hippie Dust


On my quest for a healthier New Year, I have come by many products to add to my diet. A few of them haven't tasted that great, a few haven't interested me, and quite a few of them have become staples of my diet. I decided to give Sari Nutritional Yeast a try since it is a B 12 super house. Nutritional yeast is a cheesy flavored Superfood that is vastly used by vegans and health conscious individuals.


It is not a secret that I take a lot of medications and supplements. My medicine "cabinet" takes up about half of my kitchen counter because I take many of these pills and drops on a daily basis due to many health problems. So whenever I can find a way to add these supplements naturally into my diet, I give it a try. What attracted me to Nutritional Yeast is the high content of B 12. As someone who is deficient in B12, this seemed to interest me. I was a little afraid of trying out the Hippie Dust, as some people call it, due to the original name of it. So I decided to make some loaded potatoes with it to ease into the world of Nutritional Yeast.


Loaded Baked Potatoes With Hippie Dust



Ingredients
2 1/2 Pounds of your favorite potatoes
1 - 2 Cups of Mozzarella cheese (you can mix with cheddar cheese as well)
1 Can of Corn, drained
1 Can of red beans, drained
Sari Nutritional Yeast
Salt
Your favorite seasonings

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash, peel, and cut your potatoes. Make sure to cut your potatoes into long, thin fry shapes.
2. On a baking pan, place all your potatoes without overlapping. You may need to make two pans. I use a pizza pan because the holes in it give the fries a crisper texture.
3. Season your fries. I use salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, parsley, and nutritional yeast. I added enough nutritional Yeast to cover all the fries. Top with a light coat of Cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, remove the fries and flip them if needed. Now add the beans, corn, and almost all of the cheese. (Leave a little cheese to sprinkle on top after the potatoes are done) Bake for 20 minutes or until fries are crispy.
5.  Top with the rest of the cheese. Options: You can add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado on top after baking. I add it to mine, but Hubby doesn't like it that way. Serves 3


This was a great way to add Nutritional Yeast into a dish I make on a regular basis. The cheese did mask the flavor of the Hippie Dust, so I had to try a different way to try it next. I decided to sprinkle it on top of our pasta, like Parmesan cheese and it tasted pretty good. It is an acquired taste that is not difficult to like. Hubby did miss the taste of real cheese, so I decided to mix it in with the Parmesan cheese so everyone would be happy.

We are not vegan, and are mostly vegetarian, but Aiden has a milk allergy, so Nutritional Yeast is a great alternative to cheese for him. He has his own little "Parmesan Cheese" container filled with Hippie Dust for when we eat spaghetti. You know toddler's,  if they see you eat it, they want to eat it, too. How do you explain to a toddler that they can't have cheese because they are allergic without having a meltdown at dinner. Over cheese.... This is a great, healthy, way to fix that problem.


Sari Nutritional Yeast is NonGMO, Gluten Free, and low in Sodium.

  • PRIORITIZE YOURSELF WITH NATURAL (NON-FORTIFIED) OVER SYNTHETIC. The reality is that most nutritional yeast products are fortified with synthetic, man-made vitamins that can be harmful to your health. At Sari Foods, this goes against everything we stand for - so we decided to change things, making a nutritional yeast product that is 100% whole food based and naturally occurring - nothing synthetic here - just as nature intended!
  • OPTIMIZE YOUR HEALTH WITH SUPER NUTRIENTS. Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast is naturally comprised of 50% protein (a complete, bioavailable and vegan source), over 20% fiber, contains all 18 amino acids and 15 different minerals (including iron, selenium and zinc) as well as a natural vitamin B-complex and Beta-glucans (known for their extreme immune enhancing properties plus their ability to lower bad cholesterol).
  • END YOUR ENERGY CRISIS. 15-40% of Americans are deficient in B vitamins which can lead to deep and ongoing fatigue, brain fog, irritability, depression, and even insomnia (as they play a crucial role in melatonin production). The body depends on B6 to make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which affect both mood and feelings of happiness. Improved Vitamin B intake helps us sleep well and helps balance our hormones and increase our energy levels, clarity & overall mental function.


You can buy Sari Nutritional Yeast on Amazon. Check them out by clicking here.
Have you tried the Hippie Dust yet? If you have, how do you like to eat it?

I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...