Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tablets with Toddlers: A Stylus For Kids!


In the world of technology, it is difficult to keep even the youngest from being interested in phones and laptops. My son sometimes sits on my lap watching me type or play on my phone trying to figure out how it works. He likes to figure things out on his own, but he hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. I have given him the tablet to "draw" on and learn letters a few times a week, and he loves it.


For Christmas, I got him his own stylus so he can start learning how to use a crayon or pencil. This stylus is so adorable! It is crayon shaped and comes with a free "app" to draw on. I should continue to say that it is not an app you download off your phone. You scan the Barcode that is on the packaging on your phone and it pulls up a Web page with pictures to draw on. It is pretty cool, but I really hope they come out with a real, Android app so that I can put it on Child Mode and not worry about what Aiden happens to stumble on with his tricky fingers. (Correction! They came out with an App!)


The Digital Crayon Stylus is really cool, and so is the "app". They have different colors to chose from and the app has different coloring pages as well. The tip of the stylus is a little hollow, but it works great. I was confused when I ordered it, though. I thought that he would only be able color in "orange," but much to my liking, you can choose the colors in the app! You can choose the thickness and style as well. Also, I love the size of this stylus, as it is difficult to lose it among his crayons and colored pencils.



It is a great way to get your young kids started with a tablet. My son is almost 2 and loves it! I think it makes him feel like a big kid to be able to use the tablet. He is quickly learning to hold the crayon and use it. Aiden is experimenting with both hands to see which is easier right now.  For some reason, grabbing a crayon and paper just doesn't grab his attention like this did.

Check out the Digital Crayon Stylus for Tablets & Smartphones on Amazon.

I received this product in return for an honest review. I am not required to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...